Xp Customization Guide

Hey guys.

Im going to write a guide on how to customize the look and feel of your windows XP, and add that to your Unattended XP cd.

This guide will include details on the following.

UXTheme.dll and Themes

Wallpapers and Screensavers

Boot Screens

Login Screens

If anyone could make my work a litlte easier and give me links to threads that have already been started in this forum on how to do some of the items stated above (such as wallpapers and boot screens) ill turn it into one big guide, and make it sticky.

Keep in mind that there is no need for any links to the UXTheme.dll replacement, as AaronXP has that on the main website.

Cheers guys. :)

Note: This guide will only relate to things that are 'cosmetic'. That is, it will not include tweaks and tips for that kind of customization.

contains the bitmaps for the shutdown dialog logo that appears after this one and the classic logon logo.. the above is the only one i havent got rid of..

a word of warning.. you can only use a hacked msgina.dll with a reg tweak.. otherwise windows wont boot

Hi b0r3d

Its a good idea.....actully I was waiting for this....lol :)

Ok back to the topic:

My tip

On my system I've customize XP by Using Transforms your Windows XP to Longhorn and as well as Transforms your Windows XP to MacOSX

Why am I giving this info to u coz...you can see how this transforms your XP to longhorn or MacOSX......We can see where the files are placed and it creates a Folder in the system32 called MacOSX/Longhorn.

In that case we can Still have a custom Icons, Themes, Sounds...etc those regarding this Transformation.

What it really does?

Its nice of you to have a test run on it.

Windows File protection window pops up when U install it....lol :rolleyes:

For more info

Cheers,

Bj

well you can disable WFP using the hacked sfc.dll in this forum.... search uxtheme and you should find it.

then you edit the hive files with one line to default it to disabled so it doesn't overwrite during setup.

Bye Bye file protection

back to topic,

I'm really interested in some of this, particularyly the the boot logo and login logos..