Error message during XP SP2 CD creation

passivity

Hello all,

I have been using HFSLIP 1.2.1 for a while now. Recently, after running it with the April patches, when I tried to burn the SOURCESS into a CD using Roxio, I got the message "The directory I386\ASMS\52\msft\windows\net\dxmrtp\dxmrtp.cat exceeds the maximum depth (8)". This is the first time I've seen this error message. I ignored the error and continued with the burning. But the CD I created had problmes installed. It mentioned about unable to find the NTOSKRNL file, and setup cannot continue.

Anyone encountered the same problem before? Help appreciated.

Thanks very much,

PS

hi passivity! kindly post your hfslip.log in zip format (it might help too if you include the following: HFSLIP.CMD (from SVCPACK of SOURCESS), DOSNET.INF, DRVINDEX.INF, HFSLIPWU.INF, SVCPACK.INF, SYSOC.IN_, SETUPERR.LOG, TXTSETUP.INF) .... did you by any chance use anything else after HFSLIP ... how about compressing ASMS? have you tried starting from a fresh source?

That's strange. There are more folders with the same path depth in the Windows installation source. Also, if you include the standard set of hotfixes, I386\ASMS\52\msft\windows\net\dxmrtp\dxmrtp.cat is not touched.

Does the same thing happen when you tell Roxio to take the SOURCE folder instead of the SOURCESS folder?

Please check your settings in Roxio. In Nero, there's a checkbox for "Allow path depth of more than 8 directories" which is checked by default. If there's something similar in Roxio, make sure that it's checked as well.