Unofficial WinUpdate?

:hello: theres already two such things. autopatcher and this well known little site called mdgx maybe your,ve heard of it.
Not to get so petulant my friend! Mdgx and Soporific are doing a fine job but we're talking about something different so get your thinking head screwed on. :whistle:

You want to make a repository of patches, right? I'm up for it. I've got the space/bandwidth, and I've looked into using jcarle's Windows Updates Downloader on Windows 9x.
I also have plenty of space and bandwidth, so please feel free to point to any file at my site, if you wish.

All patches are in this directory:

www.mdgx.com/files/

All service packs are in:

www.mdgx.com/spx/

Please e-mail me if you need more details.

Thanks.

HTH

So did you try windizupdate yet? It works pretty well, it's free, it's had its source code opened up to users, it's well tested and covers most of XP (the site tells you what it doesn't cover and all of that is available easily elsewhere).

I haven't tried it fully in Win98SE as I manually installed all the updates from disk (previously downloaded from Microsoft) until I found how good the autopatcher is). Otherwise, you could always redesign the wheel but it's best not to have to reinvent it! lol

• 4 weeks later...
So did you try windizupdate yet? It works pretty well, it's free, it's had its source code opened up to users, it's well tested and covers most of XP (the site tells you what it doesn't cover and all of that is available easily elsewhere). I haven't tried it fully in Win98SE as I manually installed all the updates from disk (previously downloaded from Microsoft) until I found how good the autopatcher is). Otherwise, you could always redesign the wheel but it's best not to have to reinvent it! lol

I installed it on my Firefox. Seems okay but I wouldn't go overboard about it!