nLite Keyboard and Languages removal?

SpaceCaseDave

This question is pretty much identical to my last, its just that I didn't think of it untill after I posted the last one, otherwise I would have combined them.

I know that the windows setup allows you to chose the keyboards and languages, and when its all finish and you boot up for the first time everything is the way you specified, but I was just wondering if XP setup copies all the keyboard and language files to the H.D. anyway so that you dont have to go finding your install CD, if you want to add something.

If this is the case then I guess it would be smarter to strip out the Keyboards and Languages that are not needed to save H.D. space. Although I would like my install CD to be fairly international because I travell a lot and Set-up computers for people who speak many different languages.

I am working with older computer that have like 3GB Hard drives and the original XP install takes up like 2GB, so I'm just trying to figure out the best strategies for cutting the fat.

I am pretty sure that it copies all the keyboards to HDD. Seeing as you have tons of keyboards to choose from once you are done installing and running Windows. As for removing the keyboards and languages, i did it and the CD went from 700mb (drivers, ryanvm updatepack, ryanvm addon pack, ryanvm directx, and .net 1.1 and 2.0) down to 400mb with (drivers, ryanvm updatepack, ryanvm addon pack, ryanvm directx, and .net 1.1 and 2.0)