Gosh's Registry Files

My, my, my... none of you know me, and that's fine. I understand you're all regulars, and feel entitled to vent and flame. Feel free to do so with my post as well. Of course, on any of the sites I administer, you'd be warned once about wasting my bandwidth on off-topic replies, then you'd be blocked for some period of time, depending on the severity. Things you apparently don't realize about these types of posts:

1:) New visitors to the forum, who are visiting a PINNED TOPIC get to wade through all your posturing before they figure out that everything useful is at the top.

2:) Every reply uses server space, and bandwidth in BOTH directions. Your flames eat up space on a server, and waste server bandwidth. Other readers also waste their bandwidth downloading your comments, which are unrelated to the PINNED TOPIC.

3:) Posting off-topic personal requests in a forum thread muddies up the reading for everyone. We routinely remove off-topics, or move them to more appropriate places.

... This is where I decide I won't waste any more bandwidth or time. In short, this thread contains useful information and was pinned as part of the library for unattended developers. The replies here make the thread appear amateurish and childish. Is that your intent? If not, maybe every reply which doesn't further enhance the topic would have been more appropriate in a PM. These are just the thoughts of one renegade coder who visits this site pretty frequently...(and probably the reason all my code still goes to open-source projects ;) )

I sometimes find it amusing going off topic. I find it even more amusing that you chose this thread to whose last reply was back in February.

Speaking of going off topic, what does your post have to do with "Gosh's Registry Files"? This thread isn't pinned either.