Adding drivers to sysprep not pop device path

p4ntb0y

Hi guys,

I am doing an unattended install of xp sp1 using the $oem$ folder dir and this copies all my drivers over to the

%systemdrive% now when I finished I checked the devicepath reg entry to make sure it was updated by the oempnpdriverspath which it did fine.

Now I have two more models to add to my universal image...so I get the drivers, place them in the right dirs within the drivers folder and run a sysprep with the new locations added into my oempnpdriverspath.

After I capture the image and go to the test phase it does not load my drivers it allways prompts me at first logon (I have driversigning to ignore and have update drivers to yes).

I check my devicepath and the new entries are not updated within the reg key? I think I read somewhere that you cant append to this key once its been updated so I deleted it and tried another test which could not then load any of my new drivers.

Is there some sort of caching going on?

I have %systemroot%inf in the devicepath on a clean vmware build is this right?

I also have a inf folder within the windows folder with loads of inf's,pnf's and sys's files are they meant to be there?

I did a new build using the BDD 2.5 and I dont have the inf folder or %systemroot%inf entries

what am I missing?

I have found that if the Driverpath registry setting is anything more than the default windows\inf then any setting in the sysprep.inf file is ignored. Due to the length limitations of the oemdriverpath string in the sysprep.inf I have started putting all of the paths in the registry.