Howdy guys, altering my lang & locale timezone etc. Now if I set all the Lang to en-AU instead of en-US it shows the following page on initial UA setup?? Just like to know how this might be overcome as I believe the en-AU is a valid entry??

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

Was under the impression it was?

Taken from the latest readme_Waik from ms.

Default time zone value is used if time zone is not specified in the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component.

The default time zone is based on the installed language and region specified in an answer file. If a region has more than one time zone, then the time zone is set to the default time zone for that region, which corresponds to the location of the capital/major city of that region. For example, if UserLocale is en-CA, then Eastern Standard Time (EST) is used because the Canadian capital/major city is Ottawa.

NOTE If the UserLocale is en-US, then the time zone of the Windows installation defaults to Pacific Standard Time (PST).

This may be getting close to my time problem following ua setup.

I have also read this but in a little too deep though.

Create an application to install multilingual applications on a multilingual Windows image.

You can create a single, multilingual Windows image that you can use to deploy to many regions. However, to install applications in the user-selected language, you must create an application that will automatically detect the system language, and then install the applications for that language.

By using the FirstLogonCommands setting in the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component, you can run an application that performs the following tasks:

• Calls GetSystemPreferredUILanguages to obtain the selected language of the Windows installation. For more information, see the MSDN Web site: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=73921.

• Installs one or more applications specific to the language of the Windows installation.

• If the Windows installation language is a Language Interface Pack, or a partially localized language pack, and the application is not available in that language, then the fallback language, base language, or parent language must be used.

I'm still @ a loss why windows pops up that GUI as above during the initial setup with the correct settings, thing is you must accept this for setup to continue...strange?

EDIT: I have however tracked this down in my setupact.log which does explain the Lang is not supported, I find this strange though..

IBSLIB WasUnattendSettingProcessed: Unattend setting [LangPacks] has not yet been processed.

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x064047] IBSLIB MarkUnattendSettingAsProcessed: Marking unattend setting [LangPacks] as having been processed.

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x060587] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Processing unattend.

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x060588] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Show UI value is [2]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x060589] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Setup language specified in the unattend file [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x06058a] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Target language specified in the unattend file [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x060594] IBS DetermineSetupLanguage:Validating setup language [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x060595] IBS DetermineSetupLanguage:Setting setup language to be [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x06058c] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Setup language is [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend: Successfully updated setup's resources to use the unattend selected language [en-AU].

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x06059a] IBS DetermineTargetLanguage:Validating target language [en-AU]

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x06059c] IBS DetermineTargetLanguage:Target language [en-AU] is NOT a valid language

2007-04-06 07:46:24, Info [0x0605a4] IBS CallBack_LanguagePacks_Unattend:Could not determine Target language. Will ask to show UI

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

same problem. all values seem set correctly, but the screen appears. (btw, i made a topic on this forum with similar problem, sorry - haven't then seen this one). i set all values except for fallback to ru-RU and inputLocale to 0409:00000409 as i want english by default. but the screen pops with input set to russian. strange :(