Possibly to "unlock" recovery or add it to HOME?

I have a legal OEM vista here and would like to make the backup of entire system like it is possoble to do on vista ultimate.

Is there perhaps some "hack" to unluck the "backup entire system" option in Vista HOME or perhaps I can import this component to my install media using vLite and my licence will still stay?

I can't imagine that this is possible (the legal way). Why somebody should spend money for the ULTIMATE, if there would be an option to unlock extended features for free?

Regards,

Martin

Edited by FireGeier

That is true yes...

how about an option that I add recovery "center" from ultimate and add it to my vista installation DVD.

vLite should be possible to do so, or?

Another idea would be to manually run imagex.exe and create image?

Edited by b|lly

Hello b|lly again!

I've may missunderstood. Are you talking about the backup program, that is started from within Vista OR do you talk about the recovery program you can let run from setup DVD before running setup?

Martin

Hello.

I am just trying to legaly backup some of the computers we have in company so the recovery would be possibly within a few monutes, and there would be no "complete" installation needed. I've read that Vista have Complete PC backup, but it is only available in Business or better edition.

So basicly...I would need "something" to backup entire system, put it on some media (DVD) and being possible to recover it later. And to do this legaly ofc :)