Create iso file with mkisofs

how to manage that? i tryed it with the following command but its not working!

mkisofs.exe -volid "Test" -udf -allow-multidot -relaxed-filenames -allow-leading-dots -N -l -d -D -joliet-long -duplicates-once -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -b boot/etfsboot.com -hide boot/etfsboot.com -hide boot.catalog -o "F:\test.iso" "F:\Betriebssysteme\Windows Vista\vistafinalde"

the bootfile is already on the dvd in the boot folder

Dunno about the mkisofs application, I would suggest that u try to use the OSCDIMG.EXE application for building the .iso files! This app comes with the WinPE 2005 build kit from MS.

Edited by Br4tt3

I am not at all an expert on Vista, but there are a few things in your command line that don't "look" right (I may be wrong, of course):

1) Are you sure that the no-emulation bootsector for CD/DVD is "etfsboot.com"

2) Why there isn't a full path in front of it (i.e. why it is "boot/etfsboot.com" and not something like "F:\boot\efsboot.com")?

3) Why you are using forward slash "/" instead of backslash "\"?

4) Is the etfsboot.com (provided it is a bootsector) exactly 2048 bytes long (you are allowing 4 sectors for the bootsector)?

jaclaz

1. yes i'm sure that etfsboot.com is right because i make my vista dvds every time with this boot sector file

2. because mkisofs need the boot loader file in the destination folder.. whyever

3. because mkisofs need that

4. its working fine with other tool and same bootloader file

Ok, probably completely unrelated, and just as a reference, this is the command line I use with the mkisofs.exe version that comes with BartPE for a bootsector that is NOT 2048 bytes long:

.\ezTOOLS\mkisofs -v -iso-level 4 -l -D -d -J -joliet-long -R -volid "GRLDR" -A GRLDR/MKISOFS -sysid "Win32" -b grldr -no-emul-boot -boot-load-seg 0x1000 -allow-multidot -hide boot.catalog -o .\ezBuiltCD\ezG4DOS.iso ezROOT

I "studied" mkisofs more than one year ago, and in the meantime I have forgitten most of what I had learned, and I never tried building a Vista DVD, but maybe you could experiment along these lines, the settings that could create problems could be:

1) if the bootsector is longer than 2048 bytes, the "-boot-load-size 4", that is replaced by "-boot-load-seg 0x1000"

2) the "-relaxed-filenames" has been, at least in one occasion, reported to be not working, see here:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=18088

You can try substituting it with either "-iso-level 3" or "-iso-level 4"

3) as a habit, I always assume that "Linux derived" tools are always CaSe SeNsItIvE, and I remember reports of BartPE builds that had some problems with lower or uppercase letters, cannot remember, try double checking Letter Cases

I have found on this Japanese blog (of which I do not understand a single word ;) ):

http://naknet.jpn.ph/blog/

a reference to this command line:

mkisofs -iso-level 4 -b "BOOT/ETFSBOOT.COM" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -V "PASX17ANA" -A "CDIMAGE 2.27 (07/24/96 TM)" -P "MICROSOFT CORPORATION" -p "MICROSOFT CORPORATION, ONE MICROSOFT WAY, REDMOND WA 98052, (206) 882-8080" -volset "PASX17ANA" -o "<outputfile>" "<inputdir>"

that would confirm the "-iso-level 4"....

jaclaz