removing Me problem

dgts

The thing is i got this computer that has 2 hard drives,one with Me and one with Xp and i would like to cleen the Me disk but i cant format it because it is a boot drive i guess,dose anyone know how i could delete Me of the disk withought taking the computer apart.

cheers.

There are two ways to do it:

1. Delete "\Windows" and "\Program Files" from the WinME drive. Edit "\BOOT.INI" and remove the line for WinME.

or

2. Set the XP partition as active. Disable the ME drive in BIOS. Boot from your XP install CD and start the Recovery console, then use the FIXMBR, FIXBOOT and BOOTCFG commands to make your drive bootable.

Best way i found was to use a ME boot disk. chosse no cd support. Then if you have no partitions type C: then when it changes to that type format C: and press Y. If you have a partition im afraid i dont know how to do it mate.

Best way i found was to use a ME boot disk. chosse no cd support. Then if you have no partitions type C: then when it changes to that type format C: and press Y. If you have a partition im afraid i dont know how to do it mate.

XP should format it.

If not, then boot up with the ME boot disk and run FDISK and select that drive and DElete the partitions. Then make new ones.

I could easily do that with my custom Windows ME boot disk.

It has every utility on it to completely set up a new HD in FAT-32 mode.

You can download the floppy builder for my ME Boot Disk From my FTP Site

That's an excellent TECH-TOOL and I share it willingly with anyone needing it.

Cheers Mates!

Andromeda43 :ph34r: