KB888111

Tomalak

Hello,

needing the UAA High Definition Audio class driver for my Windows installation I downloaded KB888111 and integrated it with hfslip (v. 1.4.1., Win XP Prof. SP2). According to the registry the patch was correctly slipstreamed, but I didn't have sound after installation and instead found an unknown device in the device manager. When trying to install the corresponding driver for it, I found at least the files "hdaudbus.inf" and "hdaudbus.sys" not being present in the system. They are part of the KB888111 update and reside in the 'commonfiles' sub directory but were apparently not installed. After manually extracting these files and using them for the driver installation, everything went fine and I had sound.

Is it possible to update hfslip so it recognizes this patch and puts the all the necessary files into the appropriate folders of the Windows installation (namely "inf", "system32" and "system32\drivers")? Or is it really necessary to use the HFEXPERT feature for this? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Commander Tomalak

hi tomalak! 888111 has actually been supported for quite sometime (i actually requested for it :P ) ... it has to be placed in HF ... i have not encountered you're issue though ... perhaps i haven't looked into it closely ... but it's a good find ;)

Those files (hdaudbus.inf and hdaudbus.sys) don't exist in the Windows source so HFSLIP should normally force Windows setup to copy them over into the intended location (new SYS files are copied into %windir%\system32\drivers and new INF files into %windir%\inf).

I'd like to have a look at your HFSLIP.LOG file (to see if there's a naming problem) and the TXTSETUP.SIF file from SOURCESS\I386 (to see if HFSLIP did what it's supposed to do). Please put them together in one ZIP file and attach it here. Thanks.

I'd like to have a look at your HFSLIP.LOG file (to see if there's a naming problem) and the TXTSETUP.SIF file from SOURCESS\I386 (to see if HFSLIP did what it's supposed to do). Please put them together in one ZIP file and attach it here. Thanks.
Hello,

sorry for the delay and for answering so late, and sorry for opening up a topic on KB888111 - there have indeed been some of these before, I just didn't search for them...

Anyway, I tried to reproduce the problem today, and had to recognize that it apparently was my own fault. So I have to apologize once more. hfslip did everything correctly, the two files are present on the installation CD and they are listed in TXTSETUP.INF. The culprit is a configuration error in nLite (which I use to integrate the drivers into my installation CD), which then removed the USB audio drivers.

Well, I guess no further action is necessary here, and this thread can be closed ;)

Kind regards,

Tomalak