Windows Mail

MAVERICKS CHOICE

This should open where it keeps the Windows Mail Folder , in your Profile.

Save As WinMail.vbs

Dim Act :Set Act = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Dim WinMail
WinMail = Act.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail")
Act.Run(Chr(34) & WinMail & Chr(34)),1,False

Are you asking where Vista stores your address book or Windows XP? I wasn't sure if you're exporting address book from XP to import in Vista or from Vista to Vista clean install.

Anyway, in Vista, Windows Mail does not use the WAB address book format anymore. Each contact is stored as a separate file in "%userprofile%\Contacts\"

When you import your Outlook Express addres book (WAB), it separates all your contacts out as such in this folder.

Are you asking where Vista stores your address book or Windows XP? I wasn't sure if you're exporting address book from XP to import in Vista or from Vista to Vista clean install.

Anyway, in Vista, Windows Mail does not use the WAB address book format anymore. Each contact is stored as a separate file in "%userprofile%\Contacts\"

When you import your Outlook Express addres book (WAB), it separates all your contacts out as such in this folder.

@spacesurfer

Yes exporting add book from xp to reimport into Vista, Thanks thats something to start with.

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE

If you still need to know where OE stores the WAB file, use regedit, find the key "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4\" The filename should be there with the default path if you haven't changed it. You can directly export the WAB into Windows Mail.

I usually edit this registry key to specify a location of my WAB on a partition other than the OS partition.

If you still need to know where OE stores the WAB file, use regedit, find the key "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4\" The filename should be there with the default path if you haven't changed it. You can directly export the WAB into Windows Mail.

I usually edit this registry key to specify a location of my WAB on a partition other than the OS partition.

This is very helpful, pretty well nailed.

• 11 months later...