VLITE on YOUTUBE !

studio48

Hi dear Vlite users..ready for a live how to video !!!

Its a Beta video and will be updated soon..i hope its oke with you Dino?

Happy buildings people !

Here is the video link !

and please remember this video is made by an excited Junior so dont hit me to hard iiight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nqQ8inRiE

the sunday edition movie Part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSYd4zKWJR8

Part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaswUb8TGSA

Edited by studio48

I discovered vlite through this video ...

Vlite and nlite seems very similar ...

why vlite doesn't automatically detect which version you are using ?

I laughed when studio48 said "remove the most annoying feature of vista" ...

I think, Bill Gates should see that video.

I will not adopt vista until a final version of vlite is released !

By the way 700Mb for total reduction is still enough for me ....

Why not just 400 Mb like I can do with XP and with full langage support ?

Where are the 300 other Mb ?

THx Extrabig for taking a look !!

I downloaded the latest version of Vlite yesterday and start building from another ript version of Vlite..

I read the files from that allready lite vista version to harddisk and started from there.. Ofcourse i selected the 256pc option to make this cd work fine on computers with a powerfull procesor but low on memory..minimal 256mb!!!

New in the latest Vlite is that you have the possibility to install your vista with a minimal memory of 256mb ram..

Also the windows media player etc is new in this version..

I had the strangest thing do..my finished very lite vista cd..only 688mb and made for 256mb pc..it booted fine but i get the memory error telling me i need 512mb at least to install Vista..so i installed it from out windows xp that was still on that machine and that went well..

I used as building files a allready lite made version of Vista..as i said..and in that installation i removed security centre and other anoying parts as balloon tips and so..but to my big suprise security centre was back and balloon tips too..

I must have selected a wrong build or so i dunno what i did to end up with this anoying version i created yesterday lol !!!

It must be the wine...red red wineeeeeee

Anyway starting all over againnnnn !!!

I am compiling a new cdrom of vista now without the hatred parts in it..so i will format and reinstall xp first

(i have made a ultra lite version of only 120mb)

and after that Vista lite over it ..because i dont have the aswers to booting from cd to install vista with 370mb ram..as you all know...with 375mb ram Vista wont start moaning about the ram..but in my Satellite pro p3(1000mhz) with 375mb ram..the video steals 5 mb ram so it lreaves me with 370 and that seem to be the borderline for a pc with less than 512mb ram..375 is the borderline..less than that wont install vista without an error.. when one want to boot from cdrom for installation of windows vista !!!!

By the way Extrabig....Beta Vlite to me in here is like the real thing so waiting for the final version is not an option cause many betas will come and the program gets better every time..read the changes in updates of Vlite..

Anyway people i talk wayyy to long...have a Fine sunday you and your family and happy buildings with Vlite !

Edited by studio48

Anyway friends..i just downloaded the latest beta version of Vlite the 095 and its amazing !!!

Yesterday i used an allready ript vista sourcefiles cd and i could not boot with it even do i selected 256mb compatibility..\

Today however i recompiled from the full vista dvd as source files and after removing the parts i dont want it gived me a 660.01mb file that boots without givving me any error on the sattelite with 370 mb ram..i,m very happy cause now its allready installing and i can finally delete the partition and install a fresh vista lite..

Well done master Dino !!!!!!!!

Here is my preset file !

Last_Session.ini

Edited by studio48

Haha anyway Vista installed well on the satellite with 370mb ram but mr anoying is back..i mean the part of vista that needs confirmation everytime you change something fast..so i,m dissapointed because i managed to remove that part in a previous test iso so i reopent that iso to build from there but i might get problems with the memory again when booting from cd..anyway we will see..please check my presetfile and see if i forgot something..

Thx

Here is that presetfile the one without the anoying part in it

By the wayyyyy i discoverd split part in vlite and that solves my problem cause the sattelite has no dvd reader and now i just split it up in 2 cdroms and that will do just fine !!!

vista_without_mr_anoying.ini

Edited by studio48

Thx sir ..:) apreciate it ..

update aboute above preset file

Te preset posted above by me is still not the way i want it..the anoying part is still in it that while i opent a presetfile where that part was removed..no idea what went wrong..

sory !

Update thuesday 27 march

I,m beeing blonde here..the anoying part i,m talking about is the UAC user acount controle !!

In some versions of compiling ago i switched that off not knowing that would remover that part of Vista i dont apreciate altough pro's say its a good part of Vista cause it protects one agains software changes ..but i must say that UAC cant beat Bitdefender ..and this is no spam ..so i,m not scared at all to get rid of that screen attacker called UAC..

appolagies makers its nice for a rookie but not for users that want to work fast ..

So that means that the preset file above is fine ..when done with installation goe to user acounts and there you will be able to switch off the UAC manualy !

Version above will also boot with no problem at all on a computer with only 256mb ram..yeaaah!

Happy buildings and a new video is ready to be uploaded to YOUTUBE!

Happy building !

Edited by studio48

-BY THE WAY------

256MB COMPUTERS ARE OFCOURSE ALLREADY LOW ON MEMORY !

I HAVE 368 AVAILABLE FROM THE 375 MB TOTAL RAM..

COMPROMISES MADE-BROWSER IN USE -SLIMBROWSER (ABOUT 2MB)

-MEDIAPLAYER 11 IS HEAVY BUT IS ONLY USED WHEN REALLY NEEDED..WM CLASSIC AVAILABLE WITH KLITE MEGA CODEC PACK IS FAST AND HAS THE MOST CODECS(TRYING VISTA CODEC PACK UPDATES LATER)

- MUSIC PLAYER WINAMP LITE OR PRO TO WATCH SHOUTCAST TV(BEWARE OF ADWARE EMUSIC ADDON)

- PHONE VOIP WEBCALLDIRECT WWW.WEBCALLDIRECT.COM FREE LANDLINE CALLING

- DOWNLOADER USED BITLORD

- ZIP PROGRAM USED WINRAR

- UNZIPPER USED POWERISO

- BURNER NERO 7 MICRO 12MB

-GAME INSTALLED FLIGHT SIMULATOR 98 :)

-LAST BUT NOT LEAST BITDEFENDER INTERNET SECURITY 10

All above programs work above expectations..that means they all work fine !

I must admid that with the specifications of this laptop compromises must be made but as you can see ..i can do whatever is fun to do on a computer music video downloading phonecalls ..hey i have no msn installed and i will not install msn live messenger cause its a ram sucker ..i might choose for gaim ..lets me see who has me on their list aswel..so it has it bennefits and last but not least its lite !!!!!

Yahoo or paltalk is history for me and toolbars are my biggest enemies..i dont want or need them !!

O yea and i make sure that no program start together with windows but the firewall and virusscanner..

I dont use no spysweepers etc etc ..i just clean my temporary files manualy and cache of internet explorer and slimbrowser are set to minimum ...thats 8 mb !- History remebering to minimum thats 0 days..

Recyclecan set to delete immidiantly and no big jpg backgrounds either small file backgrounds load faster or use black..its beautiful!

The last preset made is wonderfull except for the UAC not set to off ..but one can do that manualy

Great work guys !

Edited by studio48