Riddle me this..

Madhits45

Has anyone used any cardbus wifi card on the newest nlite 1.3 final with there current drivers for the card and had issues?

I have.

What happens is my card gets errors back instead of packets. I send out packets but only get back errors and lots of them. Some pages work and others do not. If I use a USB wifi dongle the errors go away and everything works.

I have checked pcmica compatability and I dont know what I could have removed in nlite that could be so specific to affect only pcmica/cardbus wifi cards ONLY.

This happens on two machines one is a laptop and the other is a desktop with a PCI to cardbus adaptor. The PCI adaptor has no drivers for it and the drivers for the cardbus cards are the same between both machines and they are the newest drivers. Also I have 3 cardbus cards and it happens with with all of them with newest drivers on both machines.

PLEASE offer any ideas you might have. This is a strange issue that I have had for a while and have narrowed it down to cardbus specificly.

Edited by Madhits45

Also does anyone know this. Isnt PCI and pcmica/cardbus essentially the same thing with a different interface?

I'll do some research on that one but I believe they are from my past knowledge. This would indicate a PCI issue if thats right.

Dexter... All I get back are received errors on the cardbus wifi cards. I have not analyzed the packets. I know they are not just encrypted packets (ARP's) however because of when it happens. Basicly I send out good packs but get very few good packs back. What’s strange is it only appears to happen on logon pages. Like I can use google and yahoo but if I go to ebay to login or yahoo mail I cant get those pages to work. This lead me to believe it was a secure socket layer issue. I tried starting & stopping the Secure HTML service. That seemed to do something but the problem still occurs. I was lost after that.

All USB wifi works flawlessly no errors or anything. So this is an interface issue. I can post my last session if needed but i'm not 100% sure its even nlite. I did not remove anything to do with pcmica cards with nlite. Only possible thing would be the removal of multi use devices. I have a cardbus firewire/usb card and it works fine. So don’t believe those multi use cards would effect this and I have had the same session file for a long time. Thanks for the help!!!!! If you can provide any direction I am up for any ideas.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Edited by Madhits45