I can't save anything

When I start wpi.hta and go the the Options menu I get the following error message:

"Could not open '.WPIScripts/useroptions.js'

Using default settings"

Clicking OK on that then produces the following error:

"Could not save

./WPIScripts/useroptions.js"

Similarly, I can't save to the config file:

"Could not save ./WPIScripts/config.js"

I'm assuming that I've set this up wrong. The whole WPI folder is in the root folder of my XP setup 'CD' (files on my hard drive), which i think is right. I've checked to see if the files in question are write-protected, which they're not. I've tried replacing .WPIScripts with %wpipath%/WPIScripts - but no joy (WPI just says that it can't save that either).

I'm assuming that I've set this up wrong. The whole WPI folder is in the root folder of my XP setup 'CD' (files on my hard drive), which i think is right. I've checked to see if the files in question are write-protected, which they're not. I've tried replacing .WPIScripts with %wpipath%/WPIScripts - but no joy (WPI just says that it can't save that either).

Just a quick question about you setup, is it really true that the wpi files are on a CD?

If so, you cannot write to the cd, because it is readonly.

Edited by andreasfc

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I was having the same problem, but figured out the solution. WPI.hta needs to be run with admin rights, but I was just using the runas command to do that.

Don't use runas or similar to run the WPI.hta. You will need to run WPI.hta under a login that has admin rights instead.

Tim