speech recognition error

derwisch

hi

after installing vista using vlite compacted iso file, speech recognition doesn't start. i am sure i haven't removed it from the installation.

the error says

"speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported.

the recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options."

i am using english version of vista and recognition language is also english. i am not sure the problem is with vlite, but i think some other component i removed may affect speech recognition too. such as natural language..

I also had this problem... the first setup of speech recognition runs fine, if you try opening it after it just fails with that error.

Even if my system locale matches Speech config langauge.

I also removed natural langauge.

• 2 weeks later...
Read the description of the Natural Language component.

I think it doesn't clearly state that disabling Natural Language will also disable Speech Reconition.

Anyway, I have re-added Natural Language and installed Vista again, but the same error still comes out. Any other ideas? The last session I have used is attached.

Last_Session.ini

Can you please be more specific, is that some option in vLite or in Vista itself, and have you tried removing the Natural Language now when you know what's causing it?

Document reviewing is an option in Vista's Speech Recognition settings. No I haven't tried removing Natural Language and trying again but some other option of vLite should be causing the problem I think.

I tested speech with my original vista and installed e-speaking cause the microsoft software shipped with vista was givng me some headaches aswel..then i installed e-speaking http://www.e-speaking.com/ and it worked good after install better then ever..

Untill now i removed that part in Vista with Vlite because of the huge space it takes..is there an liter alternative for speech if the engine is manualy removed out of the version?? I remember that i had speech under win98 aswel///is there not some program that can replace the original speech engine??

Edited by studio48