Hard Drive driver NEEDED!

g0t0

I'm trying to install XP onto my new Gateway NX860s Laptop, but it cannot find a hard drive. I looked for an inf file on my laptop to integrate with nLite to recognize it, but can't find one. Can I get some MUCH needed help in this area?

Thanks a bunch

There is an issue with that driver johndoe it is almost 19 megs in size!

Standard sata drivers are meant to fit on a floppy which is what he needs.

HOLY CRAP! I just looked at the description and installation methods for the above driver and, yes it is the right one the are just making you download a 19 meg file to get your floppy image.

Darn corporations!

whoa! i never noted the driver size! i did look up the installation instructions and it looked like the appropriate driver to me and true it may be a comprehensive driver covering a lot of chipsets but how in the hell is a person gonna fit THAT much on a floppy ? weird people :S

btw, doing a search on the name of the .EXE came up with this. seems someone else before g0t0 has already been through this problem. I'd suggest doing what iCrash did, textmode + all drivers. I'm downloading the drivers myself to investigate further...

Edited by johndoe74

here ya go, downloaded and extracted the drivers. just extract and use nlite to integrate like suggested in the previous post!

x86 / 32-bit

Size :: 160.06 KB (163,906 Bytes)

MD5 :: 5B4BABD23D327FA1903F230E237266A7

x64 / 64-bit

Size :: 194.79 KB (199,463 Bytes)

MD5 :: 04C89A34B86DB69139C504F535F98931

lemme know how it works out which hopefully it should :)

being a noob at nlite, im not sure im doing it right. I downloaded it and added only the inf file. then it asked for a specific type of intel and raid mobile or desktop. I tried a few different ways and iether got a corrupted xp disk or one that still cant find the hard drive.

Any more help is appreciated.

my 2 cent

open device manager. expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and make note of the drive name there.

then download

Floppy Configuration Utility - Intel Matrix Storage 6.2.1.1002 (its 32 bit)

do a floppy extraction and then copy all the files from the floppy to a folder.

Now integrate it on nlite driver integration page. (select multiple driver so nlite will select driver automatic and you wont get confused)

after YOU select txt mode driver, one more window will pop up, select the one YOU have noted from device manager.

it should work. give us feed back on how that work for ya.

JUST got my laptop to accept my nLite!! Thanks goes to Johndoe74 for the links. I just had to figure out what board I needed. Thanks to those who gave me other suggestions also.

I think many of us are opening this topic just to be curious about what kind of loser would be requesting a driver for a hard drive! :D Not a hard drive controller which is what the SATA controller driver is. :P

I think many of us are opening this topic just to be curious about what kind of loser would be requesting a driver for a hard drive! :D

Assuming at start that people are stupid is a mistake that gets back in your teeth more often that you'd think.

I think many of us are opening this topic just to be curious about what kind of loser would be requesting a driver for a hard drive! :D Not a hard drive controller which is what the SATA controller driver is. :P

Volatus: not a nice thing to say. if you don't have anything positive to contribute, maybe you should just move on... by your post it definitely shows who the donkey really is :P

g0t0: always a pleasure to be of help mate.

Edited by johndoe74