Vista on a CD-R, cant connect to external display?

h4ns9l

hey,

So I sumwhat successfully got Ultimate onto a CD-R. Installed it and now the only problem im having is connecting my computer to an external display.

Does anyone know what I removed that caused this feature to stop working properly? When I click "connect to external display" windows mobility center pops up. When I click connect to display from the mobility center the external display flickers but no image appears. I can get my background on the external display through the display settings but not more then my background. The only solution i've found is to install the ATI control panel and make the external display my secondary monitor "cloned".

When I had the full version of vista installed the ATI control panel was not necessary to connect to the external display.

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Thanks

Well I figured it out.

If anyone cares the required part is the "task scheduler" Its small and definitely worth keeping in a barebone build. Still got ultimate on a cdr with aero, task schedular, components, super fetch and ready boost.

Wow so the problem was genuine. Really appreciated that you didn't give up and posted the cause, thanks.

I'll put that into the description next time. Really weird...