Ram Limit problem

max_carpenter

Good Evening everyone,

I just got my copy of Vista Ultimate. I want to install it on my laptop as that is the only machine I have at the moment still waiting for my new desktop, As my laptop is my only machine and I want to get to learn vista a little better before I start offering support to my customers I kind of need it, however my laptop is not good enough to handle Vist the ram is to low 256MB shared with graphics so comes to just over 200MB of ram. I need to remove the ram limit just as a temporary measure so that I can have a quick play and don't have to wait a couple of months.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

M.Carpenter

You need 256RAM free even with the patch which bypasses the 512 limitation. If you have less than 256 (or 240 not sure) then it popups some weird error.

Is it so expensive to buy another 256 or 512MB ram if you need Vista. No offence but 200 is simply too little, even if it runs you wouldn't be able to go through windows, it would say memory too low and your hdd will choke it.

Nuhi is right..i just added 256 mb to my sattelite that has windows vista lite on it..the errror Nuhi..wont appear if the installation files (including the manipulated file ..that checks ram) ..are copied to harddisk and set up is starten from an nt platform as windows xp..(no idea if Vista supports \FAT32-

When booted from Cdrom it will give you that error even if the patch is burned to the installation Cd..thats what i discoverd !

It makes no sence ..(i agree with the others) to install Windows Vista on a 256mb machine with at least 800mhz processor..better make a lite xp version to see how fast things will run on your pc !!

To make your own lite windows xp cd use Nlite www.nliteos.com

Greets from Sunny holllland !