2007 Norton Inet Security Stops XP Sec Center Svc

jerrylite

After recently installing Norton's 2007 Inet Security, I have noticed that XP's Security Center (Control Panel > Security Center), has a message saying :

"Security Center Service is currently unavailable because Sec Center has been stopped or is not available, please Restart, (or start the Sec Center Svc), and open Sec Center Svc again."

The XP Firewall is showing 'OFF', (like I want), but so far after the Norton Install, I got a Norton message 'XP Firewall is ON, do you want that?. (no) ??

I don't use the XP Firewall, but in the past (with other Security software), I never saw this 'stopped or not active ' XP Sec Center message.

1. Has anyone ever seen this Security Center not active message, or know how to 'Activate XP Security Center?

Norton says ????

Thanking you................

I dumped the Norton antivirus because it became a such problem and resource hog. I just switched from AVG free to Avast after having a conflict with Zone Alarm. I was getting temporary freezes it turned out to be the XP SP2 file I had on the computer. I switched to Avast and no more problems. It happened on 2 computers.

Joe

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...