Nero Over burning

GaNGa

I've read what search bring for posts about nero over burning

I know that it must be disc at once

what i want to know exactly is :

for 700 MB / 80 Minutes blank CD, what is the maximum data I can burn or I can put on this CD.

Also what is the maximum exact figure I can but on the field for absolute field (mm:ss:ff)

When it comes to the maximum that you can put on, you're asking a question that nobody but you can answer. Different burners have different overburning capabilities. I believe Nero has a tool for you to use to test this.

However... I don't recommend overburning to anyone for any purpose. Why? It can permanently damage your optical drive, and the CD might not be readable in other drives. If you're really strapped for space, get a DVD burner and use DVDs. The price per GB for a DVD is much less as well.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys...

Also what is the maximum exact figure I can but on the field for absolute field (mm:ss:ff)

82:59:00

What does this 82:59:00 equal in MBs !?

When it comes to the maximum that you can put on, you're asking a question that nobody but you can answer.

How can I determine the maximum, I mean according to what variables I can know!?

Different burners have different over burning capabilities. I believe Nero has a tool for you to use to test this.

I am using the latest sony one with a double layer, so I think it support it because when I explore nero for this issue, it says that over burn is enabled and supported.

However... I don't recommend over burning to anyone for any purpose. Why? It can permanently damage your optical drive, and the CD might not be readable in other drives. If you're really strapped for space, get a DVD burner and use DVDs. The price per GB for a DVD is much less as well.
Actually I've downloaded many CDs > 730 MBs, especially Linux distr., and when I right click its properties it says 734 MB, so I think if it is not recommended I think they may not use it, because Linux are used all over the world with different kinds of hardware.

So what do you advise me!?

Thanks

I am using nero 7 ultra edition

I've opened Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.2

and I really do not remember which options I've choosed

I was like playing with settings

and I do not remember what did I put into absolute field for over burning

but after every thing finished with Nero CD-DVD Speed, I've found it create this:

nerosizeac7.th.jpg

So any one has any idea about what is it!?

and is it possible to be like this? I mean this size is not logic

Please advise