7Zip File Manager support Multi-Color toolbar image(Source Hacked)

NetCobra

To made 7Zip File Manager support Multi-Color toolbar image, you need just change one line code:

File name: 7zip\FileManager\App.cpp

Line 152, Change original code

imageList.Create(
LargeButtons ? 48: 24,
LargeButtons ? 36: 24,
ILC_MASK,
0, 0);

to

imageList.Create(
LargeButtons ? 48: 24,
LargeButtons ? 36: 24,
ILC_COLORDDB | ILC_MASK,
0, 0);

Then compile it, you will get a your own edition with Multi-Color toolbar support.

The attachment is the result I compiled, and I replaced the image of "Add" and "Test" button with Multi-Color image to show the affect. Just download and replace the official 7ZFM.exe with this one.

I hope that someone could create a beautiful file manager by multi-color images :rolleyes:

Enjoy it!

7zFM_Support_MultiColor.zip

Edited by NetCobra

awesome

-edit, how do you get to the file "App.cpp" ? do you have to decomile the exe somehow ? (are these changes doable by commandline?)

would greatly appreciate your help :)

i'll work on modifying my icon pack to include this

iconsFinala.png

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=72869

Thanks for your work first, I'm using your icon pack now :rolleyes:

No, I didn't decompile the exe, I can edit the file "App.cpp" because that 7-zip is an Open-Source software, I can modify its source code and compile my own version.

But I think this change could not complete by commandline -- Maybe a cracker could do it, I'm just a programmer :blushing: .

Edited by NetCobra

oh right, so you'd have to use NSIS via commandline to make the installer then install from there?

i'd much rather just do patching (so the download is a lot smaller) i've posted on sourceforge to suggest your addition to the code, (without taking credit for your find :)), hopefully it'll maybe appear in a newer 7zip build

-by the way, welcome to msfn :)

Edited by bledd

I can sure that change of this line is the only one condition to support multi-color, you can apply this pack to the edition I posted :whistle: .

The attachment does not include the reshacker.exe because it's too large, you need to get it from bledd's icon pack.

7zFM_Toolbar.7z

• 2 weeks later...