Error during apply n rebuild method

darkstarz

hey Nuhi gr8 software u created man!!! keep it going :thumbup:

but i got a small problem though!

i installed vlite on my xp partition and copied all files from the vista dvd onto a folder on the same hdd but on a diff partition.

i removed all languages, modem, printers, fax support. i didnt mess around any system services n multimedia apps.

but during saving settings i get an error. :( :( :(

i hav attached an screenshot for u to see.

pls help me out guyz! :ph34r:

error.jpg

Try to disable the antivirus, remove read-only attributes form the vlite itself and the source folder. (doubfull)

Then if you changed the vLite's TEMP folder try to reset it to default then reboot vLite before trying it. (probably)

If both fail try the TEMP folder again but with some simple path like C:\Temp

Let me know how it goes, I managed to reproduce this issue once by tampering the temp folder setting.

I had this error twice yesterday and it happent when i selected my other drive as temp ..cause my c drive was full :P This is what i did!

I cleaned my tempfolder and make sure there is enough space left..try to render on the c-drive instead of an other drive where the program is not installed..although that should not be the problem !

Also if you get this error make sure to start the procedure again..simply close Vlite and start it again..now select the place where you saved the files read from your Vista dvd -point the program to that folder !

Then go to options and select a new folder for the working folder , when done hit apply ..now it will work and you will be able to make an iso after all is applied and saved !

Good luck..make sure that when you Work with V-lite that you disable things like chat programs and other programs that might use recourses and bug the proces..

Start Vlite after a fresh restart of your pc Good Luck!

Edited by studio48

ok i got it to work :D :D :D

here's how:

1) uninstalled my AV.

2) Reinstalled vlite.

3) didnt change anything in options.

4) removed all foreign languages from my vista install n created an iso!!

thanks for all ur help guyz!

edit: oh yeah also removed read only attributes from both - vlite folder n my vista folder! :D

Edited by darkstarz