Vista Home can't see Server in network

Stevens

I've got a laptop with Vista Home Premium. It cannot see the file server, printers, or any other systems in the network. UAC is off. User is a local administrator on the laptop. User account exists on the server (2003 Enterprise). It is on the correct workgroup. File sharing is enabled. I can ping the server from the Vista laptop. I can see the laptop when I "search for computers" on the server, but cannot access the shared folders.

How do I access shares from the file server?

Thanks,

Stevens

I don't think vista home can't browse network ressource.

Check a second time the Network Center settings, check "Network discovery" or other options.

I havn't vista installed, but I remember while testing rc2 there are settings for each "zone" Public, Work, Home ...

I don't think vista home can't browse network ressource.

Check a second time the Network Center settings, check "Network discovery" or other options.

I havn't vista installed, but I remember while testing rc2 there are settings for each "zone" Public, Work, Home ...

I tried it with Private and Public settings. Still can't see the workgroup computers, printers, or server shares. I read in Vista help that when working correctly it can take up to 15 minutes before recognizing XP machines... :huh: 'wonderful' I've given it more than 15 and still can't find a **** thing.

Any other suggestions?