Very Simple Vista Question

m16si

Hello I currently have Windows PRO Sp2 can i install Windows Vista seperatly? I mean that i don't want to upgrade Windows XP but i want 2 Operating systems ?

Is that possible and how can i install Vista like that ? Is the windows Vista boot-installer same or similar to windows xp, because i will try Vista for the first time and i want to know all things early so that i don't screw up anything. And i need to keep Windows XP sp2 untouched because my brother uses them and he doesn't want that i would install Vista.

Thnx

If you are upgrading to vista you need to do the following

Make room for the vista installation. CLONE the partition with XP installed. This way your XP activation also keeps working. Then upgrade.

Keep in mind that your XP serial number will be made inactive!

Hello I currently have Windows PRO Sp2 can i install Windows Vista seperatly? I mean that i don't want to upgrade Windows XP but i want 2 Operating systems ?

the question is upgrade..

nothing to worry abt..ready to go..

free up a primary partition abt 15 GB (NTFS or unallocated)

yes it has its own boot manager and installer.. different then XP.

thanks

You could also get yourself a second hard drive and install it. Then just put Vista on that hard drive during the install. You could then have XP on one hard drive and Vista on the other. Just be sure to pick the correct hard drive during the Vista install. This will keep you from having to mess with the current partitions and everything. During boot time, you'll be able to choose between the two OSs.