p***ed Off And In Need Of Help

madkillaramsey

Okay, i have Windows XP Media Center 2005 v3.0 and i want to remove the media center part of it. When I do windows lags terribly. I dont know what else i need to remove. Everything lags besides media applications and miranda im (probably because it requires like nothing to run it). It has no problem with internet but scrolling and simple tasks are making it lag terribly. I dont know what I need to take out or if I need to leave something. I don't know what to do so I could use all the help I can get. When I strip out everything I dont need from media center (which is what i do with home and pro too) it's still large in size without any addons of my own. I'm not sure why it's like that. When i strip all of the same stuff from all the other versions nothing comes close to the size of media center. I remove media center cab but i dont know what else media center has different besides like tablet pc compatibility. I need to know what else to take out. It's getting me in a mess.

yeah i put all of my 3rd party drivers and all of them install correctly. it has nothing to do with drivers. when i remove media center cab with nlite it later calls the os windows professional and nolonger media center. but i have the feeling im either removing something i need or i need to remove other components that have to do with media center