IE7 integrate/slipstream question

dread

hi dread! it is now slipstreamed as per the latest test release here: HFSLIP - Test releases, 70222a (IE7 slipstreaming; various 2K3)

(1) IE7 slipstreaming (tested on an English XP SP2 source)

Requirement for a non-English OS in your SOURCE folder: FIND.EXE in your system's SYSTEM32 folder

For a successful IE7 slipstream, you should also include:

- the IE7 hotfixes (at least KB928090)

- the latest public shell32.dll update (currently KB928255 from February's patch round)

Known issues:

- some IE7 registry tweaks you may wish to add yourself (PhishingFilter, RunOnceHasShown, RunOnceComplete, UseClearType, etc) don't seem to take, even through HFGUIRUNONCE.

Ok cool ty. I can just put IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe, IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe, and WindowsXP-KB928255-x86-ENU.exe in the HF folder right and it will slipstream it right? It will slipstream wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe also right? Just need to get ryanvm addon now. Not sure how HFSLIP will handle the ryanvm addon though. I tried it and I do not think it did anything with the ryanvm addon pack.

The RyanVM addon pack probably won't work with HFSLIP because it's just a directory full of hotfix binaries. If you want to use HFSLIP, I would recommend slipstreaming what you need instead.

Read more about stuff at http://www.hfslip.org!

For Internet Explorer 7, the files you mentioned are simply hotfixes. You need IE7-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe which is the actual installer (see Microsoft's site). Place that in HF along with the hotfixes and you should be set.

Also, to slipstream WMP11, you must extract wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe using an advanced decompression program like 7-Zip or WinRAR and place the extracted files in a directory called "WMP11" inside HF.

Edited by Super-Magician