wanna default program folder on D:\

Guest bitch

Lucky-Striker

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\"ProgramFilesDir",0x00000002,"D:\Program Files"

NO WOKING !!!!

baliktad

[q]Unattended]

ProgramFilesDir=d:\Programs

CommonProgramFilesDir=d:\Programs\Common[/q]

NO WOKING !!!!

Bachus: ref.chm is sort of a sterilized list of supported tools and methods. There are quite a few undocumented hacks.

Lingvo: If it's not working for you, you're either doing something wrong or you don't have access to the d: partition during text-mode setup as I specified before. Try using ProgramFilesDir=\Programs in your unattend.txt file. If you end up with a Programs directory instead of Program Files, you will know you're doing it correctly. If you still end up with a Program Files directory, you will know you are doing something wrong. In that case, paste your unattend.txt here and tell us what you're doing and we'll see if we can help.

Baliktad, do you have a hack to install settings (temp folders, application data, etc.) into separate partitions from user documents?

The %user_shell_folders% entries in hivedef.inf are valid only for normal user accounts (admin, etc.) not for the system accounts like "all users", which is what I'm interested in.

Right now, I'm installing profiles into a separate partition but would like to have my docs installed into a different partition than apps settings (and/or the various temp folders).

The same goes for environment settings, I can set them for user accounts, but not to the system itself.

Carlos

Sorry Carlos I've never had the occasion to do that. Usually I will set aside one partition just for user profiles, and use something like ProfilesDir=E:\. That way all user data is separated from the OS and it's easy for each user to get to his home directory (E:\Bob). Never tried to separate out specific folders like All Users or Application Data, but I suspect you would have a very hard time attempting to do so.

Same way here, but the reason for keeping temp, settings and docs separate from each other is fragmentation and keeping my docs partition (64GB) at the end of the disk, whereas temp and settings would be at the beginning, next to the system partition, sort like *nix systems.

I'll have to check in the compressed .infs to see if there's something useful there.

Cheers,

Carlos

Bachus:  ref.chm is sort of a sterilized list of supported tools and methods.  There are quite a few undocumented hacks.

Lingvo:  If it's not working for you, you're either doing something wrong or you don't have access to the d: partition during text-mode setup as I specified before.  Try using ProgramFilesDir=\Programs in your unattend.txt file.  If you end up with a Programs directory instead of Program Files, you will know you're doing it correctly.  If you still end up with a Program Files directory, you will know you are doing something wrong.  In that case, paste your unattend.txt here and tell us what you're doing and we'll see if we can help.

baliktad

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword="***********"

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=40

TimeZone=240

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

ProfilesDir="E:\Documents and Settings"

ProgramFilesDir="D:\Programs Files"

CommonProgramFilesDir="D:\Programs Files\Common"

Folder Windows -> disk C:\

Folder Program Files -> disk D:\ NO WOKING !! :)

Folder Profiles -> disk E:\ the good, woking

Lingvo: As I clearly stated in my original post, the ProgramFilesDir and CommonProgramFilesDir entries need to be in the [unattended] section, NOT the [GuiUnattended] section. Please correct your error and let us know how things go for you.

• 1 month later...