Running software on multi account within XP issue

XPerties

I set my wife up on a XP pro machine and then added our kids and gave them a limited account but keeping Michele as admin.

Now I installed Banner Zapper (pop-up stopper) and when I switch to the kids accounts it pops up saying banner zapper has not been installed properly. Of course if I switch the kids to a admin account it runs fine, only has issues when kids are on a limited account.

I have gone in to banner zapper directory and ran as "Michele / with her password" and it still gives me errors. I have also installed the app in the all user directory, still get the error.

Also tried to install it on the kids accounts while enabled as normal admin account, then switched the account back to limited and it gives me errors.

Any suggestions? I really like banner zapper and haven't found one that was as good as that pop-up stopper.

Thanks for your help.

Windows XP does not allow limited accounts full access to either the "Windows" or "Program Files" directories. So if you install an older program that was not designed for use on multi-user operating systems they sometimes will not work properly in limited accounts. One way to fix this that I now use for older games and programs is this; do not install them to the program files directory. Make a new directory and name it something like Legacy Programs and install to that location. This way limited accounts will be allowed full access and should work properly. That's not a guarantee though; some programs also try to write to the registry for example. The only sure way I know of is to get an updated version of the program or one from another company that does work. For blocking popups and tons of other annoyances I use a free program called Proxomitron. Another good one is Ad Muncher but it is shareware.

Why using a crappy software when you can install a great browser like Mozilla 1.5 ou Mozilla Firebird 0.62 :)

Learn to read. Its for my children.

Anyways no further help is needed, I'm using CyberPatrol which is great.