What file is giving me this error?

RBCC

:thumbup:hello: I keep getting this error, rather cryptic if you ask me. I built an iso and testing it on vmware, which file is giving me this error:

The error is:

The Windows login process has terminated unexpected with a status of

0x0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has shut down.

It happens right after the boot screen pops on the screen and the screen turns blue, and right before winntbbu file is displayed. What can be done?

Thank you, John :thumbup

PS if this isn't the right place, please repost in the proper place!

During setup, it's an HRESULT with the severity of SUCCESS (0), FACILITY_NULL (0x0), CODE 0x87. It likely means that Windows was unable to locate a .dll, or ttempted to load a .dll and encountered an error (0x87). Either you have a file that is not there, or your file doesn't match the hash checksum for SFC and things fail. As to what file, I could not say - but have you modified any resources in the Windows i386 folder?

I had the same problem recently but I believe it was a result of accidentally banging my elastic-suspended HDD against the corner of my case upon removal a few days ago while the system was running. I restored successfully with a 3 week old image file with Acronis but now my HDD makes a slight bit more noise than it used to. They have warranty with Seagate so I will be RMAing them for new ones. First I have to clone my OS drive to a Dual Layer and burn the data on my storage drive.

@RBCC, I believe a repair install should resolve your problem.