[HELP] Enlarge a physical partition

D8TA

I got this hand-me-down Server 2000 box that has two drives. The primary boot disk is about 20 gigs but the previous owner only made the system partition 5.13GB but I have an application partition around 13 GB. What I have done is shrinked the application partition to the 5GB and want to enlarge the primary system partition but I cannot claim the unallocated free space. I've tried GPart but that didn't work and Partition Magic doesn't work on Servers. Any other suggestions or utilities I can try, free or open source tools would be great, to enlarge by 5GB system partition to 11 GB? I am trying to prevent having to rebuild this server.

Thanks!

Ghost the drive and then restore the Ghost image. When you restore the image you'll have the option of changing the partition sizes. Be sure to have a good backup before you start. I've used this method on servers before (both to increase the system partition size as well as replacing drives without reinstalling or reconfiguring permissions/shares). I've even used it (very carefully) on Citrix servers.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for loss of data. :)