[Inno Setup] Command line Switches

some1

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php

Inno Setup

Inno Setup is an open source competitor in this space. You can usually identify the installers it creates by running "strings" on the executable and grepping for "Inno".

The switches for Inno Setup are fully documented in the ISetup.hlp file in the Inno distribution. Here, is an html version. Thanks to Lawrence Mayer for it.

In our experience, the /silent switch is usually sufficient for a basic unattended installation. But to be completely sure, we recommend /sp- /silent /norestart.

Note that the /verysilent switch may reboot the machine without prompting, which is pretty much the worst of all possible worlds. So if you use /verysilent, be sure to use /norestart as well.

Is there anymore!?

I would love there to be a custom folder one!!!! :rolleyes::whistle:

I found this:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isfaq.php#silent

Can Setup use the value of a registry entry as the default directory name?

Yes. Use a {reg:...} constant in DefaultDirName. For example:

[setup]DefaultDirName={reg:HKLM\Software\My Program,Path|{pf}\My Program}

See the "Constants" topic in the Inno Setup help file for more information on {reg:...} constants.

But I dunno how to use it!

I tried looking for

HKLM\Software\dvd shirnk

HKLM\Software\dvdshirnk

but I couldnt see it :(

Edited by some1

Without looking at the link you gave, those look like the install script options for the person who creates the Inno Setup Installer itself and not for the end user.

Have a look here as a fellow member posted for the Inno Setup switches available. Switches come from the Inno Setup compiler Installation Helpfile. :)

InnoSetup should also have the options "/saveinf=FILE" and "/loadinf=FILE" IIRC. The first one records the user-provided answers of a Installation to a .inf-file and the second one is obviously used to load the formerly recorded answers.