Can't Upgrade to XP?

Maleko

Ok, as some of you know, I work at a school/college.

We have had 2 of our suites upgraded with new PC's, other suites round the college haven't had new PC's yet, but we have updated them from 2000 to XP, no problems.

We come to our Music suite, last room to be upgraded. Come to do a fresh install of XP on one to get them ready to be ghosted.

Installs XP fine, reboots to go into windows for the first time...windows load screen freezes...nothing.

Try safe mode...no problem.

Had a look, all devices in hardware manager installed except graphics...found the driver, its some intel onboard graphics...installs drivers, still same problem on loading windows...freezes.

Install windows 2000, totally fine, install graphics drivers, no problem all working like before.

I have tried several XP disks, NLited, Original XP with no SP2 on, A disk with XP and only SP2...

All give the same problem...tried different drivers....nothing

Also tried disablign onboard graphics, put a PCI card in, same problem, so rules out graphics card....

any ideas??? XP just simple wont load, except in safe mode, which says a driver issue...but where can i look for this? any ideas?

Edit: We ran windows xp compatibility test, all passed, the Board is some obscure QDI P7GL...checked QDI website, nothing.

Edited by Maleko

What are the specs of the computer that you're trying to install on? Have you built the different discs from the same set of source files, or from the original CD every time? It could be that one of your source files is corrupt.