Nessus and advices when using it

zillah

I am planning to use Nessus (installed on Desktop) at work (production devices)

1-Is there any difference between Nusse Linux platform and Windows Platform ?

2-Is it a good idea to use more than one monitoring tools on different PCs, like Nusses on one PC and SolarWinds on other PC or ?

3-Does using Nusses (Linux or windows) affect any network devices (Cisco devices, hp servers, etc )

4-Is it necessary the PC which has got Nessus installed on it, to join AD domain ?

I am planning to use Nessus (installed on Desktop) at work (production devices)

1-Is there any difference between Nusse Linux platform and Windows Platform ?

2-Is it a good idea to use more than one monitoring tools on different PCs, like Nusses on one PC and SolarWinds on other PC or ?

3-Does using Nusses (Linux or windows) affect any network devices (Cisco devices, hp servers, etc )

4-Is it necessary the PC which has got Nessus installed on it, to join AD domain ?

Couple of short answers for you... I've only used Nessus on Windows and Mac OS X.

1. Not that I know of. But the obvious answer would be that one runs on Linux and one on Windows! :P

2. I don't see why not.

3. As long as there is a minimal amount of traffic on the network at the time that you are scanning, you should be alright. I don't see what damage it could do if it is only looking for vulnerabilities.

4. Not in my experience. Unless you have some kind of filtering system installed on your network, you should be OK. Otherwise, I suggest adding it to the domain.