Disable visual effects on WIHU's window

Camarade_Tux

Hi,

I run WIHU at T-12 and at this stage of setup on my Turion64X2 -fully_unsupported_by_windows-, visual themes make the installation lag. On VMWare, the problem is less apparent.

The worst case I've seen so far is when installing Dev-Cpp : it shows a list of all processed files and there are tons of then. But as soon as I move its window out of the screen, the installation goes 100 times faster (really!).

I've tracked it down to a windows visual tweak called "smooth-scroll lists". It is a very CPU-intensive tweak at T-12 and takes something like 0.3s for each new line added to the list. Imagine how long it takes for 50 elements!

Plus it renders really ugly and completely unreadable.

I don't know how to disable this tweak at this stage of setup (I know in fact but it's just an overkill).

My request is simple could WIHU refuse to be themed or be subject to such a tweak ?

I'm asking because I believe it can be very fast to implement and I'd do it myself if I had VisualStudio (ATL).

Thanks a lot. :)

The question now is, is this issue caused by the Windows XP Theme, or because adding tons of lines in Listview? Anyway, I changed the Theme behaviour of WIHU. Themes are enabled by default if the application directory contains wihu.exe.manifest. If this manifest is not within application directory, Windows don't enable Themes for this Application. I also improved (I hope so) Listview control ... adding several 100 items should be faster now.

Benjamin Kalytta

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

Thanks a lot. I'll test it asap. ^^

I have to mention that I remove Luna theme using nlite and the ones I integrate are extracted with wihu through 7-zip and not applied.

I think this is just inherent to Listview.

Also, when you say windows won't enable themes, does it inlcude window borders ?

Because with 2.2.0.8, I have removed the .manifest file and still have a themed title bar.