IPB validating email doesnt work!

I know this is not the ipb support forum but they dont have any :(

ok when users register they never recieve any validating email.and i started the board 2 days ago.no one could ever register and i dont wanna disable email validating option.

anyone can help or know what the problem is?

i tried that with diffrent options.php with no username and password doesnt work.even tried smtp with 2 servers but no results still.

i searched around and found a topic in another forum that this is a common issue and theres something wrong with the source/classes/class_email.php file but they say the solution is that you replace it with the newer file from newer version of ipb and do the upgrade process.well i have the ver 2.2.1 and as far as i know thats the latest version.anyway i changed my email page settings and saved them,then downloaded the class_email file to see if any changes happened.but there was none.

also when the registration process is complete and says the email is sent theres an error on the top of the page:

IPB WARNING [2]fopen(./_mail/Jan-25-2007,0347-AMfatal_woomera+yahoo.com.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 430 of \sources\classes\class_email.php)

IPB WARNING [2] fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (Line: 431 of \sources\classes\class_email.php)

IPB WARNING [2] fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource (Line: 432 of \sources\classes\class_email.php)

Edited by fatalwoomera