deskpan.dll were is it were can u get it

spidercop

wen u instal windows xp the file is set on bootup en all but the file is nowere tho find this what i get in autoruns

Configuratiescherm-uitbreiding Beeldscherm-panning File not found: deskpan.dll

"deskpan.dll is a module which forms a part of the Display Panning CPL Extension"

Thats what I could find. Although I do not seem to have that. So Im not sure what the Control Panel Display Panning Extension is. Hah

ther more files like this even with clean instal from windows original cd u will have files like this that are set on bootup but dont exist en are even nowere tho find on the net u can find info on them but not were u can load them en there security risk virus worms en ohter bad things can use a** hiding space just creating the file en placing it on that dir is there way tho fix these things there no good for performence in booting the pc if there not on the pc can only slow things down can i like put empty dll in that place or will that make things worse srry for typos im dutch trying my best

Hi spidercop,

This is part of the Display Panning CPL Extension which I think is associated with panning files that are larger than can be displayed on your screen. This seems to be a pretty common entry and it doesn't seem like the file being missing really causes any problems.

Spidercop, please do your best to use sentences in the future. If you're missing deskpan.dll then extract it from your XP Install CD.

Start > Run > "CMD" (without quotations) > X (representing whatever drive letter your CD/DVD-ROM Drive and Local Disk are)

"expand X:\I386\deskpan.dl_ X:\WINDOWS\system32\deskpan.dll"

Please be aware that there is a space between .dl_ and X in that command.

Edited by Jeremy

• 1 year later...
Spidercop, please do your best to use sentences in the future. If you're missing deskpan.dll then extract it from your XP Install CD.

Start > Run > "CMD" (without quotations) > X (representing whatever drive letter your CD/DVD-ROM Drive and Local Disk are)

"expand X:\I386\deskpan.dl_ X:\WINDOWS\system32\deskpan.dll"

Please be aware that there is a space between .dl_ and X in that command.

I have xphomesp3 and deskpan.dll nor deskpan.dl_ is nowhere including the install disk ...how come? :wacko: