Nlite takes ages to calculate win folder size

dalibor1980

• 1 month later...
This has happend to me to but only when I didn't choose the correct win setup folder.........

Nothing happens, so close nLite and try again, browse to the folder instead of entering the adress in the adress field in nLite

I have same problem in my PC. On another PC with same OS and same Software all is OK. :realmad:

• 3 weeks later...

What in the world seems to be the problem? I really cannot figure it out. nLite finds the correct version, language and service pack info, but when it comes to size it keeps going forever. Task Manager shows 90-95 percent CPU usage by nLite, that means it keeps churning on and on, but what does it actually do?

I tried Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2 original CD, and an older version (with SP2), with both nLite v1.3 final and v1.2.1 final.

my laptop is Centrino 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, and I'm using the above stated Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2 with all other software (antiviral or anti-spam tools) off. I would post extensive hardware info, but I don't see the point.

thanks in advance!

have you guys copied the disc to your pc?

for example, copy files to C:\XPCD first, then scan that with nlite

what specs do you guys have?

I tried both directly off the cd AND from the folder with copied contents of the cd. when I do it right off the cd, nLite asks me where to copy the contents, performs the copying, starts scanning the folder, then loops infinitely when it tries to calculate size. when I start nLite and use the folder where I already copied the cd, it does the same thing.

my system specs:

Centrino 1.5 GHz

1GB RAM

Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics 64MB

40GB Fujitsu HDD

Windows XP Professional 2002 SP2