Windows 2003 Server Standard to XP Pro

kewin

I have just purchase and install a full Windows Server 2003 Standard US$999.

I was trying out something, which was to have a Login GUI for Windows Server 2003.

So I used the Windows Server 2003 Optimzed 1.37, and switch to NTSwitch.

Post at Windows Server 2003 Optimized

After switching to Workstation, I restarted it, and got the Login GUI as Windows XP Pro.

It showed me this error immediately I clicked on the Administrator Login,

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0X80070002

So I went to the microsoft Techical support to search for help. It started that it was a Partition error of the Imagetype.

I went to registry to edit and did whatever that is stated in the Microsoft Support Website.

It still turn out the same message.

What can I do....

Any suggestions or expert in this.

I just want to have a Windows LogIN screen in the main page only.. It quite easy rather to press Alt + Ctrl + Del, I need it so that I can configure multiple user for my grandparents and son to use, in the LogIn Screen.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 1 month later...

there is a very simple fix for it (as described in TweakNT Read me file):

All changes made by TweakNT are reversible, though in some cases you may not be able to get to a point

where you can run TweakNT to reverse the changes, if this happens you will need to restore the backup

of the registry created by TweakNT.  You will be told the location of this file after the backup is created.

The backup can be restored by renaming or deleting "system" and renaming the backup file to "system".

These files are in \windows\system32\config. This renaming has to be done from a secondary OS.

in imple words

under the folder C:\Windows\System32\Config

there are two files: one is the original backup (which TweakNT was smart enough to backup) and one is the modified one

the backup under the above folder called: SYSTEM_BACKUP-XXXXXX where the XXXX are just different numbers

you need to rename the modified SYSTEM file to lets say: SYSTEM.TWEAKNT and to rename the backup file SYSTEM_BACKUP-XXXXXX to SYSTEM

now exit and restart and all works well like you never did any TweakNT change.

PS

if you don't have another OS that you are able to go and access the files under the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder

use your Windows Server 2003 CD, and click R at the setup screen to go to the Recoverable Console.

Gil