LCD brightness in laptop

rebelo

Hi,

after installing Vista - both original DVD and vlite - my Sony Vaio command buttons don't work anymore. Now I can't reduce the LCD brightness to save battery. Is there any way to solve this problem? Reducing the brightness really helps out...

Thanks in advance.

This is the second time I've heard Vaio's cannot change the LCD brightness using the hotkeys. Leads me to think that you really do need Vista-compatible software to do it with.

Unless Sony offer it for download on their site, I can't see it working anytime soon unfortunately.

It means that they had to use software to control the brightness, which is IMHO a bad design.

The brightness should be adjustable independent of what OS is running (or whether there is an OS at all), i.e. through the hardware directly.

FYI I am running Vista on an Acer laptop TM8100 and using Acer Laung Manager that controls keyboard triggers for adjusting volume/brightness/email/web buttons etc as well as show info on screen when pressed, fails. I can adjust LCD brightness (also done automaticly when unplugged from power source), but I cannot adjust volume, although on screen indicator moves.

This is clearly because vista is not (yet?) supported :(