suggestions on TV tuner/

cumminbk

I would get one that supports various resolutions or can even pick up television across the world if there was such a tuner.

It depends more on the software you use rather then the tuner itself. My tunner is a "Xtreme Bt848" and is okay for the most part running on most software I can get nice footage but I wont be recording any high definition movies anytime soon.

Never forget that when you do record to convert it to a media type for easier storage rather leaving it RAW.

is there such tuners that allow you to watch stations from around the world? i though you could only get the stations from whree you plugged your cord in from. if there is a method to watch the TV of other countries im in!

just go for hauppauge, no need to look elsewhere

AGREED!!!! :thumbup

I have a dedicated HTPC and the card I have is the pvr-250. This card is a rocker, HTPC been up and running 24/7 since Sept 2003. The only problems I have had was last Nov. the video card MSI 6600GT decided to PUKE the fan.

My setup

MOBO: Abit AN7 CPU: AMD 3200XP

RAM: 512 MB Ram Vid. Capture: PVR 250

VGA: MSI X6600GT ViVo Using Component Out

DVD Player: Sony DDU1615

DirectTV: RCA 486 Satellite Reciever

MITSUBISHI WS-A55

Also if your looking for a frontend look here and read around. If you need any help just post.

http://www.meedios.com/

jd