MSN 6.0

Max39

Hi everyone,

I had a post here a while back about a error message I'm getting while trying to install MSN 6.0. I still haven't found a solution to the Error 1603 installer 2.0 didn't help I'm running ME OS and yes I know what it stands for. But that's still not helping get Messenger up and running on my p.c. If anyone has any ideas or solutions to this problem your help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks... :)

I downloaded MSN 6.0 to my desktop and after trying to install it. I get a Error message that says "Cannot install MSN Error code 1603" see the MSN help page. I've gone there an found absolutely no help, I have IE 6.0, windows ME OS I even took the advice of someone told me to download a installer program 2.0 and that didn't help either...The same Error Code 1603 keeps coming up. I goes through the whole process of installing and right at the end is when this message comes up. Now when I try to reinstall any older versions of MSN messenger I keep getting the same message, so I can't even re-install an older version. I must have some kind of bug not letting me install it on my registry is what I'm a thinking. I did the %Temp% solution to clearing out the registry and that didn't work either. So I'm stuck with out it. I really liked MSN Messenger too.. Oh well thanks everyone for you're help I appreciate any new idea's... Take Care

• 6 months later...

i have the same problem with downloading except before i get the error message "1063 go to msn homepage etc...... i get a box that says something along the lines of an invalid file in 'my documents' altho i can not access my documents and there are no files in there does anybody have a clu how to help me