ATI 9600 overclocking

vcant

a week ago i got myself an ATI 9600 non-pro with 256 Mb of memory.

installed it and the card is great.

with the card came the Twicking/Overclocking software called Redline.

i installed it too, to see what i can do with it, now here is the interesting thing i discovered. according to the specifications the card suppose to run on 325Mhz Core clock and 400Mhz memory clock, but when i go to the overclocking feature of the Redline software i see that it defaults to 324/189 Mhz for Core/Memory. and the most annoying thig is I can push the Core up to 450Mhz, but for the memory it doesnt allow for more than 240Mhz. I mean not the stability of the card, but the actual slider that i can move in the software.

Any ideas why is that?

I run it on 4x AGP, is that the problem of it?

and another question, anyone familiar with this RedLine software? what should i do to get the best perfomance?

Is it running in PCI mode? I had an issue and didn't even know mine was running as PCI mode and that was killing my performance.

right click desktop/properties/settings/advanced and look at what mode your card is in.

edit...you should run it 8x if you are able to.

i think that this RedLine tool shows memory spped devided by 2

anyway, i got rid of it, and installed Radclocker insted, it shows that my spped by default is 324/378Mhz Core/Memory (189x2 :) ) i pushed it to 351/411 with no problems, probably can go for more, but prefer not to...

will try 3dmark to see the difference.

i checked the mode for the card and its running in ARP mode, dont have more than 4x tho.

thanx