Components reference

Yuki Kajiura

It will be good to know what files, registry entries, etc.. does nLite remove when "removing components". Maybe somewhere is reference on this question or maybe nuhi can open this kind of information? I just have an idea to make windows distrib that installs only base system and then lets user to install additional components or remove them without nLiting and reinstalling windows again.

This would be sweet. I think this is something nuhi would like to add but its one of those that would be nice kinda things.

I think we can all help at least start this. I know a lot of people know what is removed with some things so if we can start a list (topic) on this then nuhi can fill in the blanks it would be a lot eaiser for him to do it that way.

These could be added to the description under whatever item you are removing in nlite. What could also be added is a list of popular apps within reason (top 3) that are affected by removing some items. I also would like to see the file sizes updated for some components (if you remove them). I think some of them are wrong.

The reg entries would be a huge thing. Having all of this would stop A LOT problems nlite users have. Once you have the info you can narrow down the issue to one reg entry or file. Man that would be NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Madhits45