Installing Application from RunOnceEX.cmd

Worf

Ok, i first posted this as a reply to another post and thought i would post it again here for all to read.

Nobody has seemed to have mentioned this method of installing applications so i thought i would post this method which is the way i do it. Now, the method i have seen posted here using the RunOnceEX.cmd installed applications after the first login which i do not like, this method will install the applications on the first reboot after Windows has finnished installing.

Below is the way i do it, which is a lot better i think.

This is my $OEM$ folder.

-----$OEM$

|---- $1

|----Temp

|-----RunOnceEX.cmd

My RunOnceEX.cmd is copied to my harddrive inside the Temp Folder.

Anything in the $1 folder is copied to the root of your harddrive. I.E. C:\Temp\RunOnceEX.cmd

You can if you wish leave the RunOnceEx.cmd on your CDROM and run it from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is part of my RunOnceEX.cmd file.

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

The lines below looks for the CD.TXT on the CDRom and assigns that letter to CDROM.

IF EXIST D:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=D:

IF EXIST E:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=E:

IF EXIST F:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=F:

IF EXIST G:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=G:

IF EXIST H:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=H:

IF EXIST I:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=I:

IF EXIST J:\CD.TXT SET CDROM=J:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%/V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%/V1 /D "Please wait while Your Applications" /f

; Install SpyWare Doctor

REG ADD %KEY%06 /VE /D "SpyWare Doctor" /f

REG ADD %KEY%06 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\apps\SpywareDoctor\sdsetup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /NORESTART" /f

; Cleaning Up And Rebooting

REG ADD %KEY%95 /VE /D "Cleaning Up And Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%95 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\CleanUP\cleanup.cmd" /f

Exit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The line below goes in my WINNT.sif file, it is the very last line in this file.

Since my RunOnceEX.cmd was copied to the root of the harddrive ie C:\Temp\RunOnceEX.cmd

i use the line UserExecute="%systemdrive%\Temp\RunOnceEX.cmd (%systemdrive% being C:)

If you wish to leave your RunOnceEX.cmd on the CDROM and have it run from there, then change %systemdrive% to %CDROM%

[setupParams]

UserExecute="%systemdrive%\Temp\RunOnceEx.cmd"

This way as i said before will install my applications on the first reboot after Windows has finished installing and not after my first login.

Try it, you will fined it a lot better than the other method....

Hope this helps anyone?

Worf.

Edited by Worf

I think it's same as cmdlines.txt stage, so some applications doesn't install in SYSTEM session (as .NET FrameWork not tweaked for example)

By forcing to install everything at T12 you actually install in the Default User profile. So every new user you create on the system will have all programs available as were it an single user system. I'm currently processing all setup programs to force creating their stuff into the UserProfile\Appdata folder, so everything can get managed centralized :hello:

I will post instructions on my website when I have time.