VSO Image Resizer opens webpage when installed.

ajua

i cant figure out how to stop the opening of the vso webpage after the setup finishes.

its inno setup. maybe there is some switch to disable this action but im not sure.

any ideas?

thanks.

Inno setup files are easily extracted using the universal extractor.

You can then modify the install script (its almost in plain english)

and then repackage it using the free inno program.

If you can't accomplish this on your own, I'd be willing to do it for you if you provided a download URL.

shark

i though of making exactly that, just wondered if there is a "standar" action like "open url" that can be disable using something like /nourl

will extract it later and i let you know how it went. thanks for the heads-up.

the installer doesnt register the file extension. everything works fine but the right click functionality (wich is great) is lost if you modified the original installer. i only removed the url launch action in [run] section and compile it again. i have tried many times without luck.

maybe there is some kind if switch or parameter to avoid the [run] section. i will look in inno site.

i think im giving this up for a few days if i can come up with something i didnt do the last time.

EDIT:

i tried other things without any success. im giving up on this one. i really dislike that companies launch all kinds of things before/after their setups are executed. why the heck do they do this? its annoying.

Edited by elajua

• 1 month later...
i cant figure out how to stop the opening of the vso webpage after the setup finishes.

its inno setup. maybe there is some switch to disable this action but im not sure.

any ideas?

thanks.

Easiest way to pack this soft is to use RegShot to capture registry changes while installing VSO Image Resizer and keep what is good.

With 7zip, compact VSO folder from program files directory. You can discard unnecessary languages files before ziping it.

Open VSO Image Resizer, make your profile settings and export them from hkcu\software\vso\

You're now ready to install it on a clean machine !

Unzip your pack in program files directory

Merge your regfiles

Manualy register RSZShell.dll

Make some shortcut

That's it !