windows XP home or professional?

Laer

hi there :)

I just found out about nLite and what can I do with it, see, I'm a gamer at heart, i loooove to play PC games specially online ones like WoW, CS:S and so on... So I was wondering about creating an installation to have a quick and smooth OS but then i got to the question about what will be better, Windows XP Home Editio or XP Professional? Here in Europe it's a difference of about 30€ so it's not a price question, I've tried finding out the diferences between one and the other but i can't get anything clear :( and maybe Home Edition will have less processes or something, I don't know, that's why I ask :)

I had another question about Windows XP Home and the AMD X2 processors but a friend pointed me while writting this post that they're fully compatible (correct me if I'm wrong...)

oh, well, thanks in advance for the answers

p.s. btw, first post here, /hi all ^^

hi there :)

I just found out about nLite and what can I do with it, see, I'm a gamer at heart, i loooove to play PC games specially online ones like WoW, CS:S and so on... So I was wondering about creating an installation to have a quick and smooth OS but then i got to the question about what will be better, Windows XP Home Editio or XP Professional? Here in Europe it's a difference of about 30€ so it's not a price question, I've tried finding out the diferences between one and the other but i can't get anything clear :( and maybe Home Edition will have less processes or something, I don't know, that's why I ask :)

I had another question about Windows XP Home and the AMD X2 processors but a friend pointed me while writting this post that they're fully compatible (correct me if I'm wrong...)

oh, well, thanks in advance for the answers

p.s. btw, first post here, /hi all ^^

Hi and welcome! While this post would be more suited to the Windows XP forum rather than the nlite one, I'll go ahead and answer it. Basically Windows XP Home is a (as far as I am concerned) a crippled version of XP Pro. There isnt really much difference performance-wise, however you wont have access to the Administrator account or some of the Administrative tools in Home. Personally I say if price is not an issue, then go with Pro. Anything that you dont need/want in Pro can be stripped out by nlite.

If you need any help with anything nlite related, feel free to post here, even if it sounds like a dumb question, go ahead and post as everyone here was new at one time or another.

Hope that helps!

Speeddymon

P.S. This post should answer a LOT of the questions you may have for using nlite.