Automated welcome screen

Hi people.

I have a lab environment at work which i am transitioning over to WDS from quite an extensive RIS system.

Problem i am having at the moment is automating the initial stages of the WDS menu's where the user is prompted to enter the language and login credentials. i have found some info from Microsoft as to the entries i need to create in an unattended answer file but i cant find anywhere an example file to use as a reference.

So far i havent created any .xml files and could do with some examples to use as a reference - for both stages of unattended setup (images/wds welcome)

Also....my system is currently in mixed mode so that the existing RIS system works for all the Redhat, Suse, Fedora, ESX etc etc images i have. The menu option for this is currently "REMOTE INSTALLATION SERVICE" does anyone know how to change this text??

Thanks for your time

Miles

Cheers for the reply

I understand everything fine and know what i need to do but having never done anything with XML before i just wanted an example unattended.xml file as a reference for syntax and layout etc

Would be unbelievably grateful if someone could post up a complete XML file for both parts of the process - imaging and initial welcome

Thanks,

Miles

The WAIK help files give syntax, examples, formats, and layouts for what you want to do. This forum contains unattend.xml files that others are using for their installs which might also give you some good examples.

Cheers for the reply

I understand everything fine and know what i need to do but having never done anything with XML before i just wanted an example unattended.xml file as a reference for syntax and layout etc

Would be unbelievably grateful if someone could post up a complete XML file for both parts of the process - imaging and initial welcome

Thanks,

Miles