Monitor off on Lid off

MtK

• 4 weeks later...

SOLUTION: (At least it worked for me, my laptop has a nVidia GeForce Go 7600).

I have an MSI L745 Laptop, and I was having the exact same problem. Lid down = Computer on standby, Lid back up = Computer would "Come back" but the screen would remain turned off.

After looking for HOURS for drivers that would let me actually install them under Vista, I landed on www.laptopvideo2go.com. I downloaded the "correct" driver version (Watch on top, the little boxes let you select the proper OS). After installing version 10x.xx (I believe theres a newer one already which I havent tried out) the problem was gone. Though I still have "weird one-time blinks" on my screen when waking up from standby, the screen does pop back on.

WORKAROUND: Untill I figured out it was a drivers issue, I'd just open the lid, wait till the HDD led would "calm down" and then just close and open the lid again, It'd make the laptop go back on standby while the screen was lit, Id just then wait till it would go back into standby (While holding the lid open) and then Id just wake it up by pushing the power button.

I hope it helps.

Hi,

thanks for jumpping in...

I have an ATI X1600, & I have the latest drivers.

I'm not sure my problem didn't occur when I had XP installed, so I guess that a lid problem is the issue here.

My monitor does not have any LG drivers (never had), so I can't really do anything about that.

I'll try looking for some new ATI drivers & see if it helps...

Thanks again,