Error while running hfslip 1.2.1

pouraduff

I got an error saying "The system cannot find the file specified" when hfslip was copying new binaries into the extracted driver archive. The program eventually moved on and created the iso, but I wasn't sure if I should be concerned. I've attached a zip file with hfslip.log and hfslip_error.doc showing a screenshot of the error.

Thanks for any help!

hfslip_error.zip

hi pouraduff! indeed what S-M posted is something i agree with ... at one time or another, while the cmd is running these kind of errors may be visible ... and indeed may be negligable ... i had the same problems from time to time & to to quote:

HFSLIP deletes "junk" files, and sometimes hotfixes are given special treatment. In these cases it's possible that no additional files are left to be copied over after a hotfix has been processed completely. So it's normal. I can only get rid of the "0 files copied" message by disabling all copy output, but I think most people would prefer to see the names of the binaries that are processed.
i'm certaqin this helps clarify your concern ;)

I got an error saying "The system cannot find the file specified" when hfslip was copying new binaries into the extracted driver archive. The program eventually moved on and created the iso, but I wasn't sure if I should be concerned. I've attached a zip file with hfslip.log and hfslip_error.doc showing a screenshot of the error.

Thanks for any help!

hfslip_error.zip

I noticed that error message too.

I gotten the error message, "The system cannot find the file specified." in a spot that I never saw any error message

at before.

It was before and right above the Microsoft Cab Maker status text.

Thus I gotten worried that my January 1, 2007 Windows 2000 Pro SP4 compilation with the FDV fileset and

a couple more hotfixes was going to fail. If it did, that wouldn't be like HFSLIP! HFSLIP is very predictable!

It was fine.

Is this because of the December, 2006 hotfixes?

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

@Tomcat76

Happy New Year! I noticed a few extra "The system could not find the file specified" errors over the last few releases. I remember when you spent a day or two cleaning up those messages in a release a few months ago. Think you can do a little more code cleanup? :P

Edit: Oops. I just noticed you did this in 70102b. :lol: Thanks!

Edited by Super-Magician